Instagram API as the Facebook Graph API
Facebook contains numerous useful updates to their Graph API which is inclusive of-
- Data can be accessed from 140 million global locations.
- Greater engagement metrics for any URL.
- Read-After-Write API calls to support.
- Updated page insights endpoint.
- A new API endpoint created to easily connect a Facebook customer from the brand’s application to their Messenger Bot.
- Multiple features for leveraging the power of the marketing API.
- Video API with endpoints for cross-posted videos.
- Updates to Webhooks, Facebook’s subscription-based push service for apps.
Instagram API update metrics and insights you need to know
Instagram has vast statistics and insights for brands and businesses to measure performance, compare and analyze goals and results, understand audience tastes and behaviors, and then change marketing strategies accordingly.
For individual posts, brands can track reach, views, saved, and video and profile views.
In the story, brands can track bounce rates, impressions, site clicks, reach, responses, and insights. Instagram story is a new way to help advertisers track their performance.
For potential customers, brands can track their age, gender, and top ranking. Age and gender are general information needed for all social platforms.
As Instagram changes APIs for websites and access, it has become important every day for brands to adapt to their thriving business.
Sara Brooke is a social media strategist, author, writer and blogger. This article writes about the Instagram Analytics tool. Instagram analytics allows anyone to track the performance of Instagram feeds, followers, photos and more.