Do you want to know How to Hide Who I Follow on Instagram?
Instagram is a fun place but you still need to be careful about who you interact with and how much access you allow them into your profile and activity. The people you follow include your family members, close friends, personal relations, teachers, work colleagues, and even people you don’t know personally.
You should take every possible precaution to ensure your security and theirs as well by making it difficult for random people, especially those with bad intentions, from viewing their profiles and invading their privacy.
If your Instagram videos get a lot of views, it will have a very positive impact on the platform’s algorithm. There are many ways to increase the number of visits, it’s up to you. Actually, it’s better to buy real Instagram followers. And it is much better to have uploaded videos so that you can get the most out of them.
Keeping Who You Follow Hidden
For every Instagram user, privacy is a major concern. While we love to show our followers our activities, there are some things that we like to keep private. Who we are following is one such thing. Not only to avoid people knowing who we are following, but also to keep our family members safe from nosy people.
The tricky part is that Instagram does not provide a simple feature to hide from others who you are following. But there are some workarounds to that. This article will explain how you can use these easy tips.
1. Change your privacy settings
The first thing you can do is to change your account settings from public to private. To do this:
- Sign in to your account on the Instagram app.
- Tap the icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Select ‘Privacy’.
- Select ‘Private Account’.
2. Remove your followers
While changing your account settings to Private can prevent your current users from seeing who you follow on Instagram, but new followers can still see it. You will need to remove any new followers whom you do not trust and want to hide your details from. To do this:
- Go to your Instagram profile by tapping the profile tab on the screen.
- Search for the follower you want to remove from the following list.
- Tap on Remove next to their username.
This will prevent the user from seeing your follower lists.
3. Block users
If hiding users doesn’t solve your problem, the next thing you can do is to block those users whom you do not want to reveal the people you are following. To do this:
- Enter the name of the user in the Search field.
- Tap the ‘…’ symbol.
- A window will open on the screen.
- Press ‘Block’ to block the user permanently.
4. Give up on following users
If none of the above options work, then you might have to stop following users altogether. However, this is not such a big problem as it seems. You can use Instagram monitoring tools that help you control your privacy while using all the regular features that Instagram offers.
These apps let you add users and monitor them without following them on Instagram. In this way, no one will know who you are following on Instagram.
Some more tips to hide who you are following on Instagram
- If you want to hide your Following list from your followers, you can either unfollow them or start using a third-party app especially for following people. Your user profile will appear blank to your regular Instagram followers.
- Sometimes, we have people in our contacts list but we do not want them to view our Instagram activity or our Instagram follow activity. To do this, go to Settings > Applications > Instagram.
Find the Access to Contacts feature.
Turn off that feature.
- Sometimes, we publish an Instagram story but don’t want it to be seen by people who do not follow us. You can do this by changing your account settings to ‘Private’ and then creating a list of your close friends.
Another option is to hide your story from specific followers. To do this:
- Open your Instagram feed.
- Tap the three flat lines icon.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select Privacy > Story > Hide Story From.
- Select the users from the list you want to block from viewing your stories.
Try out one or more of the different methods discussed in this article and see which one works best for you. Depending on how active you are and whether you use Instagram for personal use or to run an online business, one of these methods will work for you just perfectly.