We are living in the world of technology. All of us use social media. Social media has become very popular because it provides people with enjoyment and knowledge of every kind. Instagram is one of the most popular apps on social media. Every person uses Instagram.
It provides us with fun, Knowledge, and Information through its posts and stories. In this article, we will discuss a very important topic. You will learn how to archive and unarchive a post on Instagram. People think that it is very difficult to archive and unarchive a post on Instagram but it is quite simple.
Instagram is used by millions of users. People can use this to share their pictures, and videos to public or private accounts. The videos, and pictures that a user shares are under his/her control at a time the user can change or update information on their profile.
Instagram posts allow you to share moments, emotions, and your social life, but what happens when you mistakenly share an odd picture? Instagram’s new feature lets you learn how to archive and unarchive a post to manage your content effortlessly.
What Does it Mean to Archive a Post on Instagram?
Archive means to hide a post. When users post on Instagram an odd picture mistakenly archive lets you hide those photos and videos from their profile without deleting them. Similarly, you can bring them back if you want. It’s just a way to hide embarrassing selfies and videos that didn’t get enough likes.
After archiving a post nobody can see your post but you can see it privately. When you archive your chat nobody can know about your archiving.
What Does it Mean to Unarchive a Post on Instagram?
You have the power to hide a chat from your followers and others by archiving your post on Instagram. And when the time is right, you can easily unarchive your post to make it visible once more to your Instagram followers and others. When you unarchive a list all its real post likes and real post comments are visible back on your profile.
How to Archive Your Post on Instagram
When Instagram introduced its archive feature, It didn’t get much fanfare and was missed by a lot of users. If you missed it, here is everything you need to know.
To Archive a Post on Instagram:
- Open your Instagram app on your mobile or computer
- Select a post you want to store
- Select the three-dot icon menu at the top of the page
- Select the archive option
Now your posts are completely hidden from others. You are the only person that can see these archived posts.
How to Access the All Instagram Archives Posts?
If you want to see your archive posts it is also very simple. To see your archive posts
- Open Instagram on your profile page.
- Select the three dots icon at the top right of your screen.
- Select ‘’archive’’
- By selecting ‘’Archive’’ you can see your archive photos and videos on the archive page.
The archive will show your automatically archived stories first by default. To see lives or posts tap on the downward-facing arrow next to ‘’stories archive’’ at the top and select the ‘’either’’ option. The archive is for you only and not the public.
How to Unarchive Instagram Posts?
At times, you may wish to bring back your previously hidden posts and videos on Instagram, making them visible to others once again. Instagram offers an “unarchive” feature for this purpose.
To unarchive a post follow the following steps:
- To retrieve a post from your Instagram archive and display it on your profile feed, follow these steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile by tapping the button in the lower right corner, where you typically view your feed as the account creator.
- From your profile feed, click on the three horizontal lines located in the upper right corner.
- Select “Archive,” where you’ll find all the content you’ve previously published, including stories, posts, and live streams.
- Click on “Posts” to access all the posts you’ve published and archived, whether they’re images, videos, or carousels.
- Choose the specific post you want to reintroduce to your feed, then click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Click on “Show on profile.”
- After clicking this button, return to your profile to verify that your selected post has been restored to your Instagram account’s feed.
Removing a post from your archive list simply means displaying it again in your Instagram feed.
How To Delete Your Archived Posts Permanently?
If you wish to permanently delete your archived posts history without returning them to your profile feed, follow these steps to delete archived posts directly:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile
- Click the three lines in the top right corner
- Click archive and visit your photos
- Click the photos you want to delete
- Click delete instead of show on your profile
- Ta on confirm option you want to delete
This is a very simple way to archive and unarchive a post.
What’s the difference between archiving and deleting a post?
Archiving a post hides it temporarily while deleting a post removes it permanently from your profile and followers’ view.
Can I delete archived posts directly without unarchiving them?
Yes, you can delete archived posts directly if you wish to remove them permanently without displaying them on your profile. This is useful for unwanted or sensitive content.
Can I unarchive multiple posts at once?
Currently, Instagram allows you to unarchive posts one by one, and there’s no bulk unarchive option.
Deleting a post from Instagram means losing all the content and likes from your Instagram permanently. All the Instagram engagement metrics generated by the post will also be removed from your account permanently.
Archiving a post is a better option. By archiving your post you can restore it. If you want to back your posts you can unarchive your post. This is a very good feature of Instagram.