Instagram trick lets you remove photos from your profile without deleting them
Instagram has a furtive feature that allows you to ‘Archive’ photos, without deleting them completely. Here you will find everything you need to know about archiving, including what it is and how to do it.
Whether it’s photos of your ex or drunk selfies worthy of shame, your Instagram profile is likely to contain the strange photo you regret.
While there is always the option of removing old photos from your profile, that seems quite definitive, especially if you like a little nostalgia from time to time.
Fortunately, there is another option, which allows you to delete photos from your profile without deleting them.
This feature, known as Archive, was never officially announced by Instagram and is widely unknown.
Here you will find everything you need to know about archiving, including what it is and how to do it.
How to archive photos
1. Go to the photo you want to delete, but do not permanently delete
2. Touch the three dots in the upper right corner of the photo.
3. Click on File
4. The photo will be removed from your feed.
How to add archived photos back to your profile
If you later decide that you want to add the photo to your feed again, fortunately this is quite easy:
1. Go to your profile and touch the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Click on File
3. Initially you will see your Story Archive: to switch to your Posts Archive, tap the arrow at the top of the screen
4. Touch the photo you want to add back to your feed
5. Touch the three dots in the upper right corner of the photo
6. Press “Show in profile” and it will be added back to your profile.
Get Our Services to Make Your Instagram Post Viral