Ever wondered what your friends mean when they mention their Instagram Highlights? This article explains what Instagram Highlights are, how to delete highlights on Instagram, and what their benefits are. Discover how to manage your profile’s neat little circles effortlessly.
On the iPhone and Android, Instagram allows you to share photos and videos. We offer a service that allows users to upload photos and videos to share with their followers or with the people they select. It is also possible to share Instagram posts via Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter as well. Moreover, Instagram users can view; comment on, and like posts that are shared by their friends. Any Internet user 13 years of age or older can sign up by providing an email address and selecting a username.
Founded by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in October 2010, Instagram became a worldwide phenomenon. As of April 2012, there were over 30 million Instagram accounts, and over 100 million photos had been uploaded by users by July 2011. For one billion dollars in cash and stock, Systrom sold Instagram to Meta (Facebook’s parent company) in April 2012.
What Is Instagram Highlights?
Since the launch of Instagram Stories a year ago, users have become increasingly reliant on them to express themselves. Yet there is no easy way to keep your stories around for longer than 24 hours.
It is now possible to group stories you’ve shared into highlights and display them on your profile so that you can better express your identity.
Profile Highlights appear below your biography in the Stories section. The highlight will appear on your profile as a circle that plays as a stand-alone story when people tap it.
The highlights you have on your profile remain until you remove them, and you can have as many highlights as you want.
Highlights remain as long as you wish but when you become bored or you have new content, you just delete the previous story and add a new one.
Here I will tell you how to delete highlights on Instagram so that you will be able to make new highlights.
How to Hide Highlight on Instagram?
Logging into the Instagram app for Android or iPhone and following the below instructions will allow you to edit or delete a highlight.
1. Delete or edit a highlight
- To access your profile, tap or click the picture of your profile in the bottom right.
- Click on Edit Profile, then tap and hold the Highlight you would like to change.
- If you want to remove the story from Stories Highlights, tap Delete Highlight, then tap Delete, or tap Edit Highlight to add more photos or videos.
2. Delete or edit a photo or video from a highlight
- Look for the photo or video you want to remove in your highlight and select it.
- In the bottom right corner of the picture or video, tap More on iPhone or Android.
- You can remove highlights by tapping Remove from Highlight.
- To remove a photo from your iPhone or Android device, tap Remove Photo.
- Adding more photos or videos to your story is as simple as tapping Edit Highlights.
It is important to note that the Story Highlights section under your profile info will be hidden if you remove all your story highlights.
3. Cons of Instagram highlights
Instagram Highlights’ biggest downside is the linking. The light at the end of the tunnel is that once you get 1,000 followers, the option to swipe up and add links becomes available. Because of this, keep posting consistently until you reach 1,000 followers.
4. Pros of Instagram highlights
Highlights have opened a huge door for new users and this is one of the main reasons why I think you should try it.
- Unlike Instagram stories, Instagram highlights do not disappear. During the time you leave your Highlights up, they are viewable.
- There is no limit to how many highlights you can add. This is virtually like having your own website right on a social platform; you can post an introduction video, a promotion video, or even a video of your cat, Fluffy!
- You can see your highlights right beneath your profile information, so it is right in the face of your followers!
What is the duration of Instagram highlights?
They can be as long-lasting as you want. That’s why Instagram Highlights are so popular. They are not subject to expiration. As long as you don’t delete them, they will stay on your profile.
What is the limit for adding content to Instagram Highlights from Stories?
Instagram limits the content for Highlights from Stories to 100 items. When you exceed this limit, the oldest Story in your Highlights will be removed to make space for new ones.
Can I hide my Instagram Highlights from specific users?
Yes, you can hide your Highlights from specific users by blocking them. When you block an account, your Stories, including Highlights, become automatically hidden from them. Only approved followers can view your Highlights and Stories.
Are you able to reorder the Story Highlights?
You are. On your profile, your highlights are displayed chronologically. The order is automatically moved forward every time you add a new Story to one of your Highlights. If you would like to move a Highlight up to the top, just create a new Story for it following the instructions outlined above.
Using Instagram Highlights is a great way to share all the different facets of your life with others. Highlights will make sure your Stories are categorized and organized for all of your followers to see. You can delete these highlights and also edit these highlights. After deleting previous highlights it will free up the space for new ones. In this article, we have explored the steps to delete the highlights. Hopefully, it will be helpful for you.