Cracking the code for “How to Go Viral on TikTok?” It’s no easy feat. With a whopping 1 billion active users and a sea of videos flooding daily, standing out can feel like a wild goose chase.
Don’t give up just yet! TikTok has a sneaky way of turning underdogs into overnight sensations. Brace yourself because here are ten tips on “How to Go Viral on TikTok?”. Let’s dive in!
How Does Content Go Viral On Tiktok?
TikTok works like most social media platforms, delivering content to users based on their previous interactions. Whether it’s your “Following” feed or your “For You” page (FYP), TikTok decides which videos cut.
But here’s the million-dollar question: How does TikTok determine what happens in our FYPs? The truth is, achieving viral fame on TikTok can sometimes feel like winning the lottery. The TikTok algorithm is a tough nut to crack, but keeping up with the platform and understanding what videos go viral can give you an edge.
According to TikTok, the algorithm suggests content based on your interactions (views, likes, shares, comments), the accounts you follow, the content you create, and your account demographics. It also considers the video, including captions, sounds, and hashtags. TikTok then serves up a mix of similar content from familiar and unfamiliar accounts.
To go viral, your video must pass an unofficial “test.” The app presents your video to a small group of users chosen by TikTok as a representative sample based on its content (title, hashtags, captions, sound). TikTok may unleash it on a larger audience if it performs well regarding views and engagement with that sample.
You can’t predict how long this testing phase will last—it could be hours, days, or even weeks after you hit that publish button. It’s a waiting game with uncertain timing.
How To Go Viral On TikTok with These 10 Amazing Ideas?
Consider these ten suggestions if you want your video to go viral on TikTok.
1. Participate in Trends
TikTok is all about those catchy tunes and sound bites that make your content go viral. Want to increase your chances of hitting the fame jackpot? Incorporate popular sounds into your videos.
Using trending audio is a game-changer. Why?
- First, it’s super catchy, keeping viewers glued to your content longer.
- Second, it sets the stage for what’s coming so your audience knows exactly what to expect.
- And you might even get discovered through the audio search page. Talk about a double win!
Even if you’ve got your own audio masterpiece, we’ve got a pro tip for you. Add a trending song as a background track. It’s like turbocharging your chances of going viral on TikTok. Just adjust the volume so it doesn’t drown out your voice.
2. Use Hashtags Wisely
These power-packed tools are the secret sauce to boosting your content’s visibility and capturing the hearts of a larger audience. Here’s the scoop on hashtags:
- Blend high-use hashtags with niche ones. Don’t limit yourself to just one or the other. It’s like adding extra flavors to your content cocktail.
- #FYP and #foryou might sound tempting, but trust me, they won’t work their magic. They’re as generic as a plain white tee in a sea of fashionistas.
- Stick to 3-5 hashtags max. Too many can be like overloading your content’s backpack, and nobody wants a backache from hashtags!
3. Create Engaging and Share-Worthy Content
Want your TikTok videos to go viral? It’s all about creating share-worthy content. But what exactly makes people hit that “share” button? Let’s dive into a few proven themes:
- Funny and entertaining: Who doesn’t enjoy tagging friends in hilarious memes or sharing funny videos in group chats? Make them laugh, and they’ll be eager to pass it on.
- Educational: Ever noticed the #LearnOnTikTok hashtag? It’s a hit for a reason. Teach people something new, especially if it’s surprising or unique, and they’ll want to share the knowledge.
- Inspirational: Whether it’s offering solutions to problems, tips for self-improvement, or something that adds to their wish list, inspiring content can have a powerful impact. If you can motivate someone to change their life or behavior, they’ll likely share it with others.
4. Start With A Hook and Keep it Short
TikTok’s got a secret ingredient in its algorithm sauce: average watch time. You must grab your viewers’ attention and make them want to stick around for more. You must also engage more views on TikTok.
Even though TikTok’s been generous with video lengths lately, remember: short and sweet is the game’s name. But if you’re feeling adventurous and wanna dive into a longer video, go for it! Make sure to weave a captivating story and stick to a snappy format.
5. Engage With Your Audience
Are you building a TikTok following? Audience interaction is key! Get chatting in the comments and DMs, and dive into niche content (with those trendy hashtags!).
It’s the recipe for a tight-knit community and viral video sharing. And let’s not forget Morning Brew—they’re a riot! Their replies? Comedy gold, topping even their hilarious videos!
6. Become Good at Editing
If you want your content to grab eyeballs, mastering video editing is the way. Spice things up by adding captions and stickers, or level up your skills with fancy transitions and special effects.
When editing your TikTok videos, you have two options: TikTok’s in-app editing tools or third-party apps. Take a cue from the popular creators in your niche and study their transitions and trends. Don’t worry if it feels like a challenge; TikTok editing will become a breeze with practice.
7. Collaborate With Other Creators Or Brands
Boost your TikTok game by joining forces with fellow accounts! Collaborating opens up a whole new world of exposure. By teaming up, you reach each other’s followers and attract fresh eyeballs you never thought possible.
But before you go all in, do some undercover work. Check out potential partners’ feeds. Figure out what you can bring to the table that complements their content. What can you teach their audience that’ll make them go? Remember to highlight that when you make your move.
Here’s a pro tip: Aim for creators/brands with a similar or slightly larger following than yours. It’s less intimidating and more of a win-win situation.
8. Post Consistently
The more you post, the more followers you’ll attract, and the greater your chances of hitting that viral sweet spot. Hitting that “publish” button can feel like a mental hurdle taller than Mount Everest.
Here’s our savvy advice: make it a habit to post regularly and use nifty tools like Hootsuite to plan and schedule your content like a pro.
9. Promote Your Tiktok Content On Other Social Media Platforms
Expand your reach and gain new tiktok followers by promoting your videos on other social media platforms. It’s like the ultimate crossover event where Instagram and LinkedIn go wild sharing Twitter screenshots. Your content deserves to conquer more than just one kingdom!
10. Weave in Opportunities For Comments
Here’s a sneaky trick: sprinkle some “comment bait” throughout your content. It works like magic!
- End your video with a killer call to action. Something like “Want more awesome stuff? Hit that plus button!” or “Tell me what I should do next in the comments!”
- Don’t spill all the beans in your video. Leave a few questions hanging in the air. Let your viewers scratch their heads and ask for answers in the comments. It’s like a mystery waiting to be solved!
- Keep those random details and little hiccups in your video. They add charm and authenticity. People can’t resist commenting on those surprises.
How many likes or views does it take to go viral on TikTok?
People must learn how many shares or views a video needs to go viral. However, four likes for every 1000 views is a healthy engagement rate. Your material has a stronger chance of going viral if it has a 4% ratio, which indicates that it is interesting and worth reading.
How many views are considered viral on TikTok?
On TikTok, a video is considered viral if it receives over a million views.
Can you go viral on TikTok with no followers?
Yes. TikTok’s algorithm does not consider an account’s number of followers when deciding which videos to distribute, meaning that even accounts with a few followers have a shot at going viral.
Mastering the art of TikTok stardom is just the beginning. You’ll need equal patience and time to transform these video content ideas into reality and learn “how to go viral on TikTok.” Once you strike gold—the perfect content, for the ideal audience, at the perfect moment—you’ll be on the fast track to a viral hit!
But here’s the deal: TikTok’s algorithm and trends are ever-changing. If you cling to the same tired concepts, your chances of going viral will shrink faster than a deflating balloon. So, analyze each video’s performance, keep up with the hottest tunes, and create content that genuinely delights the users who matter most to you.