Instagram is perhaps one of the most friendly social media platforms for mobile devices.
It was, more or less, designed for use on phones and mobile devices, evident from the greater capabilities of its mobile application and its easier-to-navigate interface compared to the desktop version.
But because Instagram is so in tune with mobile devices, it doesn’t work like a traditional website, so it is sometimes difficult to track the URL of your Instagram account.
Fortunately, the process is not as difficult as you might think.
How to find your Instagram URL on your computer
Finding your Instagram URL is quite easy if you are using a traditional web browser to view Instagram.
1. Simply open your personal Instagram profile by clicking on your username in the upper right corner of the page.
2. At the top of the page, in the address bar of your browser, is the URL of your profile. Press and hold the “command” + “C” key on your Mac or “Ctrl” + “C” on your PC keyboard to copy it to your computer. Press and hold the “command” + “V” key on your Mac or “Ctrl” + “V” on your PC keyboard to paste it somewhere.
How to find your Instagram URL on your mobile device
If you cannot open Instagram in a web browser and can only access it through the application, you can still find its URL by manually joining it.
1. Open the Instagram application on your iPhone or Android and log in if necessary.
2. Open your profile by touching your photo in the lower right corner of the lower menu bar.
3. Once you have opened your profile, make a note of your Instagram username located at the top of the page.
4. Your Instagram URL consists of two components: the Instagram website address and your Instagram username, separated by bars. For example, my Instagram username is @nirit.harosh, so the URL https://www.instagram.com/nirit.harosh would link to my profile.
It is really that simple. But keep in mind that some Instagram accounts are private and may not be visible even if you have your URL. Instagram accounts disabled are also not visible.