Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps. It is liked by everyone. Instagram is the most emerging branch of social media. Instagram is a social media platform that has exploded in popularity over the last few years.
The site, which began as a photographic app in October 2010, currently has over 700 million monthly active users. Facebook purchased the app in 2012, and new features are published on a regular basis to stay up with rival social networks like Snapchat.
Its new features are very much liked by people. Instagram story is a new feature that allows you to share all of your daily moments, rather than just the ones you wish to retain on your profile. When you post many photographs and videos, they appear in a slideshow style, which you can call your story. In this article, we will discuss ‘’How to mute Instagram stories.’’
What is Mute
The new function allows you to hide posts from specific accounts from your feed without unfollowing them. With this adjustment, you will be able to tailor your feed even more to what is important to you. you can still read posts on their profile page and receive notifications about comments or posts you have been tagged in when you mute an account.
Mute Instagram Story by the Direct Method
- Pick up your mobile phone and open your Instagram app (this method is for both iPhone and Android)
- On your Instagram feed, you will see many things like posts, comments, profiles, stories, and many more. Here you have to open your Instagram stories. And then from stories, you have to find the story that you want to mute.
- When you have found the story you just simply long-press on the story it just takes some seconds to do.
- After a long press on the story, you will find a list from the list you have to find mute and tap on it. In this way, you will be able to mute the story of the person that you want.
Mute through profile
- Open your mobile and go to your Instagram app
- Go to the bottom right corner of your stream now that you’re there. Select the icon that corresponds to your display picture.
- You’ve arrived at the Profile menu. Select “Following” from the drop-down menu.
- You have the option of searching for the user or typing their username into the search bar.
- When you’ve located the user’s account, tap ‘’…….’’
- “Mute” will appear as the tray of options moves in from the bottom. That should be tapped.
- From here you have the options to mute stories only and mute both the stories and posts. Tap on the option you want to do.
Manually mute the stories
- As I tell you before unlocking your mobile. Open your Instagram app on your mobile.
- This method is different from others. In this method, you have to tap on the search icon from the bottom right corner of the screen from your feed. The search icon looks like a magnifying glass.
- After opening the glass icon go to your search box and type in your user name.
- When the profiles appear, tap them. It will take you to their profile page.
- After opening the profile page select the ‘’following’’ from the given list.
- Here you will see a menu. From the list, you have to choose ‘’Mute’’
- Here you again have the option to mute just stories or both stories and posts.
Mute story by long press
- When you tap on a story, it will begin playing, but if you long-press it, you will be given the option to mute it or view its profile.
- You will not receive their contents if you select mute.
- You will be saved from unnecessary content and rushed storytelling if you do this.
- Use the following button beside your profile to silence both stories and posts.
- The mute button comes in the second stage.
- Now touch on the posts and stories you want to see. You can no longer receive posts or stories. Tap on stories just if you simply want to mute the stories.
- However, you must tap the three menu buttons near the image to silence a person only when you come across his tale.
- After that, tape the silence from the stories.
- From the menu, select the mute option and press the mute button.
- Mute a story is better than blocking a person. Because it does not hurt a person.
As you know Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps. It is widely used by people. It connects people with each other. Instagram often launches its new features that are liked by people and attract it. Some time ago it launched a new feature in which you can mute the stories of a person. Sometimes people post very odd stories so you want to mute them. There are many reasons to mute someone.
Is restriction the same as mute on Instagram?
Block, in a nutshell, restricts both profiles. That is, neither you nor they can see their posts. Both users can read each other’s profiles when muted, the only difference is that their posts will not appear in your feed.
How can you know if someone has muted you on Instagram?
You can not tell if you have been muted on Instagram in the same way you can not tell if you have been muted on other social media platforms. When you are muted, you are not notified, and there is no way to see a list of who has silenced you.
What happens if I put a restriction on someone’s Instagram account?
The restriction feature on Instagram was introduced as an anti-bullying feature on Instagram that allows you more control over what comments you and your followers see on your posts by restricting what restricted accounts can post on your profile. When you limit someone, their messages, and comments are removed from your profile.
How to fit a whole picture on Instagram
How to make Instagram stories longer
How to unfollow someone on Instagram
How to Like an Instagram Story
what happens if you mute someone on Instagram